Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Land Disturbance Permits
The Department of Development services has changed the way development projects are being processed. Applicants are advised to ensure that all documents are provided to the Department at the time plans/plats are submitted. Failure to submit all documentation will result in project reviews being delayed.
1. A completed site plan, application, and all application fees shall be filed and submitted to the Department of Development Services. The Applicant shall submit:
- three (3) hard copies of the site plan/plat. (If your development project requires a left turn lane or decel lane on a County road, please submit 1 additional hard copy.)
- One electronic copy saved as a PDF. Applicant may submit on disc or email to email@example.com
- completed application packet
- Any applicable fees
****Projects will not be reviewed unless all of the above have been submitted to the Department.
All plans for NCWSA, Environmental Health (if on septic), State E & S plans and GDOT must be submitted by applicant directly to those agencies at the time plans are submitted to Newton County.
2. A meeting with the Applicant/Owner and Engineer will be scheduled with the Development Review Committee (DRC) on the first available Wednesday after plans/ plats have been submitted. If plans/ plats were submitted on a Monday or Tuesday, the plan review meeting will be scheduled for the following Wednesday.
3. The Applicant will be in attendance to answer any comments, questions or concerns that they can during the Plan Review.
4. If plan revisions are required, or the Applicant could not answer all of the questions discussed at the Plan Review, the Applicant has sixty (60) days to answer and/or make any changes to the plans and resubmit, or the application is considered null and void, and reapplication and new application fees are required to proceed with the project.
APPLICATION FEES – Please see the Newton County Development Services Fee Schedule.
To ensure your project is processed timely please fill in all sections of this form as applicable.
All LDP applications must be accompanied by a minimum of 3 Site Plans (4 plans if decel lane/left turn lane on county road required) for review & 1 PDF copy.
In order to expedite review of the Erosion and Sediment Control Plans, submittals for all projects will be sent simultaneously to Newton County Development Services and the NRCS Washington, Georgia, Field Office. This will apply to all projects that require E & S plans, including new and reinstated projects, subdivisions and individual lots.
Summit three (3) sets of plans to:
E&SC Specialist, Urban Lands
GA Soil & Water Conservation Commission
4310 Lexington Rd,
Athens, GA 30605
Office: (706) 552-4469
Submit all other required plans to:
Newton County Development Services
1113 Usher Street
Covington, GA 30014
If you are submitting plans for a land disturbance permit for a subdivision or commercial development, the county requires 3 sets. The developer must send 3 sets to GSWCC. Please be sure to include an application form and payment for NPDES and plan review fees.
If you are submitting plans for a residential building permit, the county requires 2 sets. The developer must send 2 sets to GSWCC. Please be sure to include an application form and payment for NPDES and plan review fees.
*If you submit a set of plans to the NRCS office but do not submit a set to the County, NRCS will be advised to remove your plans from the review queue until the county has received a copy of the plans.
I have read this letter in its entirety and understand that I must submit a copy of the Erosion and Sediment control plan directly to the NRCS Washington, Georgia, Field Office.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field