Located in the rolling hills of southern Newton County, the County-owned Gaither Plantation is a historic and
This 256-acre site is one of the few remaining examples of mid-19th to late-20th century farms and cotton plantations in Northeast Georgia.
On the farm are the Gaither Plantation House (c.1855), a log smokehouse c.1830), a pole hay barn c. 1950), agricultural fields, and a number of other historic buildings relocated from elsewhere in Newton County to Gaither Plantation. In
addition, two 19th century cemeteries, the Gaither Family Cemetery and the Gaither Slave Cemetery, are located here.