Newton County cuts ribbon on Tag Renewal Kiosk
NEWTON COUNTY, GA - Newton County celebrated its new Tag Renewal Kiosk Thursday, Dec. 7 with a ribbon cutting ceremony attended by several county, regional and state dignitaries.
The newest addition to Newton County will allow for an easy way for residents to renew their vehicle registration almost around the clock. The kiosk, located at 5341 Highway 20 South, Covington, Ga, is available for use Sunday through Saturday 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Tag kiosks use scanning and touchscreen technology to securely update vehicle information. Users must simply follow the on-screen instructions and then print out documents instantly from the kiosk.
To use the kiosk:
- Your vehicle(s) must be registered in a participating county.
- You must have a valid Georgia State driver’s license.
- Your address must be correct on your renewal notice.
- You must have proof of liability insurance on file (if applicable).
- You must have a Vehicle Emission Inspection on file (if applicable).
If you meet all requirements shown above, you may renew up to 10 vehicle registrations per transaction at a kiosk. If you have additional questions, please contact your local Tax Commissioner’s Tag Office.